Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday.....and It's Thiry Again (Day 10)

I am sitting here trying to have faith that Monday will be gentle with me. I am also having to be pretty harsh with myself this morning as I am exhausted and it is self-inflicted. I did not go to sleep until after midnight because I stayed up watching reruns of The Nanny. I never watched the show while it was in production....but now I can't get enough of it. NO MORE Nanny after 10 p.m.. I can watch all I want on youtube, but at 10 p.m. (10:30 when I watch the news) the tv goes off. I NEED my beauty sleep!

As I sit here writing...the wind is howling. It keeps hitting my north windows with a vengeance. Apparently what was suppose to be a day in the high 50's is now turning into a day in the 40's with high winds. I warned you Mr. Weatherman that it was not a good idea to get on my bad side.....and here you go and do it anyway. I can see you and I are going to have some issues this year! Hmmph

I am so ready to make this week an exciting week with exciting possibilities. While I never stopped moving on Saturday to prepare for this new week.....I never actually started moving yesterday. I was pretty sedentary just relaxing and enjoying my day. Well....today is a new day and tomorrow will be a new month. There is much to be done and I can't do it sitting on my keester.

I found all my pictures that I need to go through, so I thought I would start tackling them today. I would like to do one BIG project per week and then several small (15 min.) ones. It keeps me feeling like I am moving forward. Believe me....this picture deal is a HUGE project and then once sorted and gone through.....I have to decide what to do with them all.

I am really excited that I have gotten quite a few idea's on for March's Adventure. Some of them are quite creative. I will have chosen by tomorrow so I can start my month hitting the ground running. It is really kind of cool that I put out the call and you guys gave me such awesome input.  And there were only a couple of suggestions that just weren't feasible. *Note....I will not be jumping off a bed, roof, or out of a plane with or without a parachute....ever! I am terrified of heights and I want to live past March. Did you not read the whole disclaimer about maiming or killing me???

Lent is just around the corner (starts not this Wed. but next Wed.) I am trying to get my Friday no-meat days in order. Trying to think up new and different fish or meatless ideas for several Fridays worth of meals is harder than you might think. Any recipes you would like to share would be awesome. Also....I am pondering what I will be giving up. It needs to be something meaningful and sacrificial. Not the okay.....I give up going to the gym kind of sacrificial. It has to be truly hard for me. The possibilities are endless!

Well it is time for the 30 Day Challenge.

Today's challenge:
Day 10 - A picture of the person you do the most messed up things with.

It seems like Berty and Thiry are reoccurring themes in these challenges....and the reason is....our lives have been so interwoven for so many years.....that it just is what it is. 

Okay...now while Berty is my friend who keeps me centered and on the right track....Thiry (as I have said before) is her polar opposite. Thiry can throw me off center in a heartbeat and change all the rules before I even know what they are.

In our younger days.....Thiry and I were fearless when it came to adventure. We took road trips (sometimes I didn't even know we were going until we got there), we changed our names, took risks and went places we never should have and would kill our kids for doing now.

Thiry has never met a challenge she couldn't handle except for one night at a club called Club International. I will spare you all the gory details, but suffice it to say....she wrecked her car trying to make a get away.....and had to pay for the repair and the damage before her parents found out.

We have rocked river parties, dragged Douglas, fought with cops, turned in hookers, and out run guys who thought helping us pull our car out of a ditch meant they got a little sumtin' sumtin'! We have crashed frat parties, gone to dubious bars, puked on each others stuff, watched UFO's, screamed to the top of our lungs, boogied to Footloose,  gone to concerts, played quarters, spit on each other (yes.....there was alcohol involved) and these are just the tip of the ice berg. You can pack a lot of foolishness and mayhem into 30 years!

Even today....Thiry is still unpredictable. I am never sure when I get in the car to go with her somewhere whether I am going to end up at our original destination....or if she is going to detour and take us to Grand Lake.

Thiry makes me laugh and never do we get together that something interesting doesn't happen. Our latest adventure/mishap/whatever you want to call it was forgetting to pay our bill when we were out a bar and then ALMOST getting tattoo's. If not for our timing....we would be tatted women today.

I don't see Thiry ever changing. I know that in our 60's and 70's she will still have us avoiding cops, driving into ditches and going on impromptu road trips. She will never not have a beer in her hand and she will never turn her back on an adventure. In fact.....I have no doubt....that someday she will end up in Tuscany.....causing trouble for all of Italy and with any luck......I'll be along for the ride.

No comments: