Monday, March 21, 2011

It's a Monday!

It is Monday and I am so not ready for it. In fact.....I was so not ready that I fell back to sleep after my alarm went off. Luckily it is Spring least for the kids, so no real damage was done. If I can just make it through today and tomorrow....then I have a full 5 days off. You have no idea how much I am looking forward to this or how much I NEED it. The last time I took a couple of days off that weren't the result of a holiday or sick kids was last August for Old Settlers. Believe me....I am soooo ready.

As far as spring break goes and what we are doing....I have absolutely no idea.  I told Z to make a list of things he would "like" to do and then we would just randomly pick from that list. I didn't want to do anything structured or really planned as plans don't usually work well for us. We are kind of a fly by the seat of our pants kind of family. I am not sure if the weather is going to cooperate with us. I was looking at the 5 day forecast last night and it showed today and tomorrow in the high 70's (and possible thunderstorms) and then Wed. thru Fri it is only suppose to be in the low to mid 60's. If we don't end up having wind those days....then the 60's are definitely doable.

After my little Wal-mart  run yesterday and doing my regular Sunday stuff, I did work on my chair for a little while, but then I stopped. I was just in the mood to do nothing but then again.....something. Make any sense? It didn't to me either. I felt like a 12 year old stuck in the house running around whining how bored I was. I really wasn't I said, I was just in a mood. We had had a rather large lunch (chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy and green bean casserole) and I really was thinking that a nap would be nice. I was also thinking that I really didn't want to be that lazy....nor make it so that I couldn't go to sleep that night, so I decided to go on a walk. After all it was 80 degrees out and beautiful.

Now going on a walk sounds simple enough, but being in the mood I was in.....I made it much harder than it needed to be. I started preparing for this walk at 3 p.m. I finally made it out the door at 4:30 p.m. What was I doing for an hour and half you ask? Is it even possible to put that much  preparation into a walk? In most definitely is. First of course.....I had to don my walking clothes (a t-shirt, shorts and walking shoes and socks)! That killed about five minutes. Got my bottle of water, my tunes and we were ready. Or were we???? I then decided that if I was going on this walk, I was going to make it I grabbed my handy dandy Weight Watchers (WW) pedometer (pictured to the left) that we were given at one of the meetings. Now funny thing about pedometers and I.....I have never met one that liked me or wanted to work for me. I clipped the little doohickey on my waist band and proceeded to test it out. Step...step....step and I looked down to check it. It recorded about 20 steps which looked right so I continued to walk a bit. I looked back down and it hadn't recorded another thing. Grrr So I played with it a bit. I reset it and started stepping again. Still nothing. A little more fiddling with it and again I tried it. And again.....nothing!  So I did what I always do.....when all else fails....I pulled out the instructions. They were simple instructions written in a couple of paragraphs. In fact....they were so simple, they seemed a bit condescending. The last paragraph should have simple even a monkey could do it! Maybe a monkey could make this little step counter work....but I couldn't. I then decided to go to the internet and see what I could find out. Meanwhile I have this little voice in the back of my head saying...."Why? Why don't you just go walk and not worry about this whole pedometer thing right now?" Absolutely not!!!! It had become a thing of principal. I was not going to let another pedometer bring me down. So I continued my search.  I found many places where I could buy this particular piece of $#%& (yes...I know. There goes funding for that third world country again), but no instructions on what to do if you already owned it and it wouldn't count your steps past 20. Then I decided to go to the WW message boards....after all it was WW issue, surely I was not the only one who had had this problem. Ummmm.....apparently I am! All I found was post after post of how great this little piece of equipment was; how simple; how accurate; even a monkey could use it! Apparently not THIS monkey! At this point I looked at the clock and it was 4:25 p.m. and Z appeared in the doorway saying..."Weren't you going for a walk, like an hour ago!" The low guttural growl that was my response cued him into the fact that I was having issues. He immediately picked up my android phone, pushed a couple of buttons and then handed it back to me. On there was a pedometer ready for me to use. The tears I cried at that moment were mostly joy and I finally took off on my walk. Not only did this application have the ability to record also records distance, time and has a GPS of where you are walking. It also has the ability to change from walking to other forms of exercise such as running, the elliptical, or aerobics.....just to name a few. It records the calories consumed and keeps a history of it all. Take that you little WW $%#@*^! (I am turning over my bank account to that third world country. It will just be easier!) When all was said and done....I walked 3.4 miles. Today I am taking it to the gym to see how it works there. Finally a pedometer that works with me instead of against me. Who knew?

So I just noticed that as I am typing is not saving. It keeps telling me that an error occurred while trying to save. I guess this means you may or may not get to read this today. It's a Monday.....even blogger doesn't want to work today. Sigh! Well I will keep typing and we will just hope for the best.

So....our 30 Day Challenge came to an end yesterday. What a trip that was. Thirty days all about me!!!! What more could the world possibly want?  (don't answer that!) It was awesome in the fact that it got me to writing every day. I hope to keep that up. And for those of you who have let me know that you do in fact read every day and even like what you read.....I say thank you. So here's to another thirty days!

No comments: