Friday, June 10, 2011

Much Blog About Nothing!

And so this work week....comes to a close! IT'S FRIDAY! I don't know whether to laugh, cry......or simply drink! The latter is actually sounding pretty darn good. Sadly....most of my close drinking buddies are out of town. I suppose I could go recruit new ones....or at the least interim ones, but then there would be that whole, I'm broke thing and also the whole Z is having a houseful of teens over tonight thing. Oh and let us not forget the whole....I never go out thing. So basically I just took a short journey in my head with lots of starts and stops and ended right back up at IT'S FRIDAY! Wow! Wasn't that fun?!

Last night we were barraged with some major storms. Apparently the atmosphere was just right for some wicked looking wall clouds and tornado's. Most stayed north of us but I sent the kids to the basement just to be on the safe side. I thought we were good until the storms started back building and moving somewhat southeast instead of north. Thank goodness they didn't do anything but give us gusty winds and just some storms....because I fell sound asleep on the couch in the middle of it all. Yep......once again I have proved that "I" am NOT Mother of the Year! However.....we all survived and now my pathetic flower garden has been sufficiently watered and according to the weather.....today's temps are suppose to be much cooler. That would be a really nice change.

As soon as I finish here....I am off to have coffee with a my old boss/dear friend and then it is off to work. I am kind of hoping to be just a little bit productive today....but no pressure! I am giving myself through the weekend to pull myself back into sync and start making my summer sizzle. I have absolutely no idea where that last phrase came from or what in fact about my summer will sizzle....but if it is sizzle worthy....then perhaps I should get on that!

Well....guess I better cut this short and go make myself look presentable. Here's hoping that your Friday is happy, healthy and a whole lot of fun! And here is your Friday video. This video epitomizes the 70's. It has the awesome fashion (bell bottoms and wide collars), eight tracks, cool cars.....and the parties. It takes me back. Here is KISS  with Rock and Roll All Night set to scenes from the movie Dazed and Confused! Have a great Friday!

**** Storm picture courtesy of Kansas.com

No comments: