Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Birth Certificate and The Customer is Always Right

And so we dive face first into another less than glorious day in Lisaland. Today has turned to crap at my own hands and you have no idea how much it pains me to say that. First of all...our regularly scheduled appointment was canceled. Fine....we just decided to go get Z's license then. We get there and because we have no birth certificate, he can't get his license. If we don't get said license by tomorrow, then it will be a year before Z can get his restricted. Okay....to be completely fair, and yes...tell on myself,  I have known that a bc was required to get his license. At least that is what it said in the paperwork. I did look for his bc too, but I can't find his original nor a copy anywhere. I know I have it...I just don't know where. Z has been on me to order a new one, but I procrastinate....constantly....and guess what.....I didn't order him a new bc. Thiry told me however that she didn't think I needed a bc, so in Lisaland, Thiry's word obviously trumps any official information on paper, so we went without a bc to the DMV this morning. Guess what???? We needed a bc! Z is fit to be tied and I really can't say I blame him (don't anyone dare tell him that I said that)! So tonight I get to go home and tear my house apart looking for said bc. If in fact I do not find it, I will suffer the wrath of Z and he will be justified in his anger. Darn my procrastinative nature!!!!

When you start out like that....things sometimes just take a natural progression downward. That has been the case today! It seems as if this is our Monday this week. Every customer that has come in has wanted to argue. The good thing is.....all situations have been defused and all is well....sort of! The problem with working at a computer store is, most people know just enough about computers to be dangerous. Dangerous as in they can totally wreck their computer and then blame us! We have several people who no matter what we tell them they like to trek off to known virus sites and refuse to protect their computer. Then when their computer is reinfected time and time again....somehow this is our fault. Actually...."my" fault as I am the one who has to deal with them. On most days I do fine and remember that no matter how wrong they are....the customer is always right, but on days like today....that is a little more difficult to remember. So far I have maintained my cool....but I do feel the ugly coming to the surface. Guess it is a good thing that I leave at 3!

The upside to my day was that once again.....I got my Wendy's salad. Wouldn't you know that food would be my upside! At least it was healthy food. Although a great big ice cream cone is sounding pretty awesome about right now. In fact I hear Braum's calling my name.  Luckily for my waistline....Braum's is too far down the road for me to want to travel today. You see, along with my ability to procrastinate....I also have a lazy streak about a mile wild, and sometimes....that comes in handy.

It is now time for the 30 Day Song Challenge. Today's challenge? Day 19: A song from your favorite album. This album goes back to my jr. high years. I remember a kid in my class brought this album to a library listening time we had and I was in love. This group has remained one of my favorites throughout time but this album is the best of the best for me. Here is Grand Illusion by Styx from the album of the same name.




Here's wishing you the best of Tuesdays! Happy Tuesday everyone!

No comments: