Monday, April 4, 2011

Monday....Yuk!

I am all out of sorts today. Not sure why.....just know that I am. My happy feeling has gone right down the toilet. Don't get me wrong....I still feel very blessed...I just don't feel very happy right now. I have no idea what is going on.

Perhaps part of it is that regardless of the three recent med changes....David is still having seizures or maybe it is the fact that Z is in the midst of what I think is another ear infection. He started with it yesterday and this will be about his 4th or 5th one this year. Still the drs. don't think it is anything to be upset about. REALLY???? Cause regardless of what they think....I'm feeling a little upset!

The wind is howling right now. Honestly....howling is what it is doing. It keeps hitting my house with a vengeance and rattling all my windows. Last night we were having 70 mph gusts and I simply can't wait to get outside and see what all that wind has done to my trash can. Apparently March wasn't really our lion....it was more like a cub. April though.....April is a full grown beast of a lion! We need a really good storm to calm things down. Maybe a good storm would calm me too.

I need to go workout in the worst way. Haven't managed it since Friday, but on the upside....my knees have not been hurting. The abs have...but not the knees. Today will likely not be the day as I have a cheesecake delivery to make and errands to run in Wichita....all before 8:30 a.m. and then I have to be back here as Z's car is being delivered. Then I have to drive it to work and at some point in my day take it in to the mechanic to make sure he thinks it is in good condition. It is starting to feel like there are not going to be enough hours in this day!

Part of my issue today...I know is family related. While I love my family (it's required ....right?) there are instigators amongst us. I am talking about full grown adults who like to keep family drama going and sadly who live for the "he said/she said" stuff. Honestly....I think for some, life just gets boring and they need to spice it up a bit and that is why this stuff gets started. For me however.....I don't find it particularly fun nor does it make me very happy. I believe I already have enough of the can't be helped drama already in my life.....I really don't need the deliberate stuff too.  I spent the better part of yesterday evening trying to figure out how I was going to get over, around, and beyond all of this new found, petty drama. While I didn't start it nor can I control the current situation....I can however.....control how I react to it....and thus far I am not reacting well. I am letting it get to me and that makes me mad at me. I think this is why I need to get back in the gym. I want to get on the elliptical and just glide until I am too tired to care what goes on around me. Okay....enough about all of this.

It's Monday....the wind is blowing like a banshee and my plate is full today. There are worse things...like gingivitis, a really infected hair, or toenail fungus.....so I guess I just need to find my happy place and move on.





Your photo here....(Day 14)



The Cheesecake Chick
Today's photo is what I do in my spare time. It is both relaxing and helps me to bring in a little much needed money. I bake cheesecakes. In fact....my business name is The Cheesecake Chick.

I have been making cheesecakes for many years but only in the last year or so have I been doing it as a business. Currently because of costs, I am only able to make them for my local area....but maybe someday I will find a cost effective way to ship them.

So if you live in the Wichita area....or plan on making a visit anytime soon, just give me a call, text or email and say....."Cheesecake please!"



*lion picture courtesy of apple-is-a-color

No comments: