Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011...Bring it on!!!!!




In keeping with all that is "normal" in my life.....2010 did not leave before causing a bit of chaos in my home. David had a couple of mini seizures (one resulting in a black eye)....therefore my plans of going out for New Years Eve....quickly became staying in. Luckily if my last few years have taught me nothing else....they have taught me to be able to change gears quickly and go with the flow. That is just what I did last night. The boys and I ordered in our favorite burgers and we vegged on the couch watching The Twilight Zone marathon....all while I was able to keep my eye on David and make sure we didn't need to make one last run to the ER in 2010. Thankfully....we didn't. I was also able to catch up with friends via text and the phone and all in all....although a bit of a bumpy night....2010 left fairly peacefully.

Since last nights events didn't really allow me to drift off into peaceful slumber until well after 3 a.m., 2011 has started a little later than I like with a little less enthusiasm than I had hoped for. Still and all though....the sun is shining, David appears to be bruised but fine....so I guess it is not a bad way to get this new year started.

As I write this I think of all the things I should be doing to prepare my life and my house for the new year.....especially when this next week is going to be a whirlwind both at work and at home, but somehow....I am content for now, just to sit and write.

Looking at my calendar....2011 will be filled with some fairly significant events....not the least being the fact that this year closes out a rather trying decade in my life. It also erases ALL excuses for "bad" behavior and opens the door for new opportunities and much better choices. I hope to take advantage to the fullest of all of it.

The new year also starts some (what I feel) are new and exciting changes at work. I was fortunate enough to get to be brought into the first year of a new store front business. I have been there for about 8 months and now we are expanding and implementing new practices....all which I get to have a hand in. It is really something I am enjoying.

Another new event which I am looking forward to is a participation in a new non-profit being started by some friends of mine. It is called Waiting-Place. It is to benefit many charities having to do with health related issues such as Lymphoma, Lupus, Cerebral Palsy, etc. People donate per a persons medical visits requesting that the money per visit goes to research for that particular disease. An example would be if someone wanted to give to the Cerebral Palsy Foundation for research in David's name. I would put on a calendar all his dr. visits having to do with his CP and someone can donate "x" amount of dollars per dr. visit to CPF. Nothing is worse than waiting in a waiting room to see a dr. for a chronic illness. Waiting-Place though helps to make those waits worth while.

My first love (next to writing) is event planning and I have been asked to help with some events to get  Waiting-Place both recognized and funded and to help put them on the non-profit map. To me this is exciting, ground breaking.....and just tons of fun. Not to mention it will be helping many people get many much needed dollars put into research for their particular health issue. Believe me....I expect you will be hearing much more from me on this part of my life throughout 2011.

So you see....if you add work, my cheesecake making, Waiting-Place and my everyday life at home all together.....it appears that 2011 is going to be both busy and exciting. 

I know this is the time of year where everyone starts setting goals and making resolutions for the new year, but the one thing I have learned about myself over the years is.....I am tremendous at making goals and resolution......but lousy at keeping them. So this year....I only have one true resolution. My "real" resolution for 2011 is to turn this year over to God. This is not to sound preachy or "uber" Christian, it is simply this: I have tried to be in control and call the shots for many years now.....and I know how that has worked out for me....(many times....NOT WELL!) So rather than try the same thing this year....expecting different results (also the definition of insanity might I add).....I am going to try something different. I am going to just simply let God lead. When in doubt....I will pray. Catch me at the end of 2011 and I will let you know how it has all worked out.....(like you won't hear about it all year long anyway! lol)

So this is how I am starting my year. No outlandish or unachievable goals, a simple out line of what is coming up calendar wise in my future, and a heart ready to go wherever God chooses to take me.

I guess all that is left to say is.......2011...Bring it on!!!!!

No comments: