Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Little Bit of Wonderful

Sunday....ahhhh how wonderful! Once again it is afternoon before I have actually found the time to blog. My weekends just seem to be crazy anymore. This morning we made it to church, then Z drove us all over the country, then on to Walmart (seems to be my new Sunday home....right next to church) and then we arrived home to get everything ready to barbecue. I just now sat down.

Yesterday was also crazy. Having stayed away from the ER for quite sometime.....I found myself visiting again. I won't give you the gory details, but lets just say....I learned some interesting facts about what blueberries (eaten in large quantities) will do to a 10 year old's digestive tract and colon. Once I learned he was not hemorrhaging internally....we did find that his blood pressure was running low and on doing some blood work, that he was fighting a low grade virus. One IV bag of fluid and about an hour long ER nap and he was good to go. Mom's nerves though....were pretty much shot. However....I will take an in and out visit to the ER over the getting admitted kind....every time.

This morning was kind of a break through of sorts for my family. Today was the first Sunday in well over a year that Z, David and I attended Mass as a family. There for awhile....David got so loud and so distracting in church that we just stopped taking him. That and every time we turned around he was having a seizure!!! So I started going to early Mass so that Z could watch David and then Z would go to a later one. This morning we decided to try David  just to see how he did. We sat in the gathering space outside the actual church doors. It is where parents usually take their crying babies. Because there weren't a lot of people for David to get attention from.....he was really good. And there were just enough little kids coming in and out that they held his attention. Before we knew it....Mass was over and David had done beautifully. It looks like we will be attending mass as a family once again. What an awesome Sunday gift!!!!

I only have four days to work this week and then I will bask in the glow of a four day weekend. No one knows just how bad I need this weekend. Hopefully there will be no unpleasant procedures involved, nor ER trips nor any other unpleasantness. With any luck it will just be family, fun and a whole lot of relaxation. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the worst of the summer is behind us! There are also one or two pretty exciting things that maybe lurking in our future. As they are just in the beginning stages....I will not elaborate too much....but I have hopes that they might turn into some pretty wonderful things. And I think we could all use a little wonderful in our lives.

On that note....I think I will leave you on this beautiful...but very HOT Sunday. Here is hoping that your day is full of family, love and maybe even a little fun! Happy Sunday everyone!


 

No comments: