Tuesday, October 15, 2013

They Say its Your Birthday.....


Today I heard......someone was turning another year older! In my head as I opened my eyes this morning I could almost hear the Beatles singing...."They say its your birthday....." Tis true. It is. I am another year older and hopefully a little wiser.

This year I really gave little thought to my birthaversery. While last year I dreaded it for nearly a year prior, this year too much else was going on to really give it much attention. This year too, I am just grateful to achieve another birthday. Funny how much life can change in a year.

Am I really wiser this year? Possibly in some ways but in others I am probably still just as naive as ever. I do think some of my priorities have changed a bit and aspects of both my home and my life have been blown up, torn apart and now the pieces are falling back into place.

After reading the obituary of my late uncle yesterday, I realized that I have a great deal to put in the next 50 years to even come close to living up to family legacy. Yes I said the next 50 years because any less and it just ain't gonna happen!

I still struggle with being comfortable in my own skin from time to time....but with only a small twerk here and there (no.....not the Miley kind) I am good with who I am. I also still occasionally wonder What I am going to be when I grow up, which I am afraid speaks volumes about both my maturity and my lack of self placement in this world. However, being a mom has been an amazing albeit poorly paying with no retirement career for many years....still the benefits have far exceeded the income flaws. I have had time with my kids watching them grow and that has been more fulfilling than any six figure income could have ever been.

So as I sit here on this cool fall morning contemplating, my day, my week and my life.....I am pretty okay. Grateful in fact....to be a mom, to be here and to be blogging about the fact that I am a mom, here and blogging. Yes folks.....today is my birthday. Happy Birthday to me!


1 comment:

MarniJ said...

Happy Birthday my Friend!!!