Thursday, September 5, 2013


Fact: For being as narcissistic as I apparently am.....I hate talking about myself directly. These blogs that are "about me" are the hardest blogs I write. This is probably due to the fact that my life is pretty much an open book. You want to know about me? Just read my timeline on facebook and you will probably learn all you need to know and likely lots more you wish you didn't. Tis true people. Facebook has opened us up to the world, body and soul and given us all a venue to throw our life wide open for just about anyone who wants to know us, stalk us or investigate us. And we say we aren't gullible as a people. Bwhahahahahahaha But still.....I really don't like to talk about myself!

Fact: I hate waiting. I have always been an impatient person with the attention span of a gnat. As a kid this drove my parents crazy. As a teenager I could never sit still for fear that something was happening that I might miss. I know this drove my mom over the edge on more than one occasion. As an adult however, karma has bit me squarely in the butt because that is all I seem to do anymore. I wait on hold, wait on meetings, wait in doctors offices, ER's and hospitals and wait on test results. of the things I hate most in now my life. This only proves what I have always known. Karma is a bitch so you best watch out!

Fact: I used to say I never cried. I didn't. Then when my doctor felt that it was better for me "not" to feel the early part of the new millennium and put me on anti-depressants...I not only didn't cry, I felt no emotion whatsoever. Truthfully, there were days when not feeling was a bonus but in the big scheme of things, not feeling makes you not care and quite honestly...if you don't care, then why even get out of bed? You feel like you have hit a wall of nothingness so why bother with anything? Once I went off the meds though, I had several years of unfelt emotion just bursting to get out. I found myself crying at just about anything; a baby bird, a touching commercial or my favorite was when the dryer didn't completely dry the socks. Yeah a sob fest in the laundry was both disturbing and embarrassing at the same time. Now though, I embrace the tears. I have learned to control them in the laundry room but when reading a particularly poignant book or watching an emotional tv scene....all bets are off. If I have not learned much else in life, I have learned never to underestimate the power of a good cry. 

Fact: I can count on one hand with fingers left over, the things in life that I am really good at. Everything else is just smoke and mirrors and a lot of BS. Have you ever heard the phrase, "I know enough to be dangerous?" Well that is me on just about any subject. I know the basics of cleaning but leave me alone with too many different kinds of cleaning products and you may find me on the floor because I have asphyxiated myself because I mixed them.  Give me a DIY project and if there are pictures I might do okay, but if tools are probably need to have 911 on speed dial. This has always been the story of my life. What I don't know for sure about something, in a pinch...I will fake. This works about 30% of the time. The other 70% usually gets me into hot water....sometimes literally. At my age, I have lived long enough to know a little about a lot, but not a lot about anything. And that a little about me!


J'nelle said...

This made me smile. Thank you for a great start to my day.

Anonymous said...

I liked this a lot. Maybe because I saw myself a little bit in it.

Anonymous said...

I have sat back and watched your progress. I like what I am seeing. Some things still give me pause, such as your occasional grammar and the (....). The rest though is improving and I find your writing much more concise. You have the right temperament and personality to write professionally. Just fix the little quirky mistakes here and there and you will find the right fit with a publisher I have no doubt.

Mentor Mary