Saturday, June 18, 2011

Kids!


Let me start by saying....Aaaarrrrgggghhhhh!!!!! And know that I mean that with my whole heart. This day just escaped and then has run wild since my eye's opened. I have resigned myself to the fact that there is no reeling it in....so I guess I will just have to go with it.

You know.....I have decided that I am truly turning into a b!tch (i.e. I make people cry, I can't filter my mouth, and I pretty much am not fond of anyone anymore) and I am thinking the reason is.....KIDS! Teens to be exact! I am sick of nasty attitudes, obnoxious behavior and unhinged lips that move faster than their brains or good sense will allow. I know why God gives us kids as babies.....because by the time they are teenagers we have so much money invested in them......it just would not be cost effective to get rid of them. There are those days though.....that I truly might consider taking the loss! And I know I am not alone. I have several friends, like myself....who have teens ranging in age from early teen years right up to.....should have been thrown out years ago. We are all going through this love/dislike immensely relationship with our kids...and none of us is any prettier for the experience. We are all turning into these b!tchy women with hair trigger tempers and zero patience for anyone or anything who disturbs, disrupts or distresses us in any way. The sad thing is, none of us used to be this way. We all used to smile, laugh, relax from time to time and for the most part....not bite your head off for saying hello. However....after being lied to, talked back to, finding dirty dishes under the bed, dog poop in the doorway, getting calls from the school, the police and other parents.....we have turned into shrews....and our kids have the nerve to ask why? The other day one of mine said "What happened Mom....you used to be fun?" And I replied....."Yes, and you used to be five!"

Kids simply just don't get the fact that they live on borrowed time in my home....not theirs. Having a roof over their head, food to eat, and clothes to wear......along with video games, mp3 players, computers and cell phones is not something they are owed by us in return for the pleasure of their existence. They are perks we try to give our kids because for most of us they are things we never even dreamed of having as a kid. They are however....not given so that we can be repaid by laziness, bad attitudes, and disrespect.When I strain a vocal chord because I have to yell above the loud music in my house in order to be heard....this is not good. When I can't find any dishes in my cabinets and have to go in search of dishes hidden in the most unusual places rather than taking them those few extra steps to the kitchen.....that is not good. And finally....when Mom has to threaten life and limb just to get a modicum of cooperation and respect....then that is REALLY not good! So this folks....is why I and others like me....are turning into b!tches! Any questions? Didn't think so!


On the brighter side, last night was kind of fun. My friend Chris and I went to the famous (well for our little town anyway) RD's County Line! The food was good and the conversation was better. We got to catch up, talk about our #%th class reunion and visit with other friends who showed up. It really was kind of a relaxing time and we even got a little reunion work accomplished in the process. All in all....not a bad night at all. I was home by 9 and in bed by 10 and for the most part I was good. No one cried and I was able to keep my mouth in check. Had there been alcohol involved....that might not have ended up being the case! Guess we dodged a bullet there!

It is Saturday and as I am typing this, I am well aware that most of this day is already gone. Well, better late than never is what I always say. So what makes me smile today? My toes! No...the toes themselves are not all that great and yet they are still my best feature...go figure?! But what makes me smile is the artistic creations on them that were created by one of the girls at my favorite nail place Diva Nails. I love my toenails today and I think they just might make me a happy girl for the week!

Here's hoping that what is left of your Saturday is great!





1 comment:

Jenny said...

Could we be one in the same? I have no idea who or where you are but I am pretty sure you just described me and my kids. I read your blog all the time and you make me laugh until I cry. Most of the time it is like you are looking in my front window and describing my life. Please don't ever quit blogging. It is nice to know that someone else out there has my life.