Monday, October 14, 2013

It's Here!!!!


It's finally here and I couldn't be happier. Yes folks.....it is fall! This morning I woke up to cool temps and a gloriously cloudy, drizzly day. While I try to find something I like about every season with winter being my least favorite and the hardest to find anything good about.....fall is by far my favorite with spring being second in line.

Today smells like fireplace smoke coming out of chimneys, rain and the mustiness of leaves as they crunch under foot in a final concerto of the season. It feels like jackets, brisk air and a pot of chili simmering on the stove.

It is the winding down of the year which will soon turn into a mad dash towards the holidays. Now though, there is the excitement and expectation of Halloween complete with pumpkin patches, hay rides and haunted houses. All which the stores have been pushing since the 4th of July. 

In essence.....fall is the last hurrah for a year. If the year was good then it is a bittersweet goodbye and if the year was less than stellar.....then it is a good riddance of out with the bad and onto the good.

So I am saying good bye to shorts, flip flops and lawn mowers and welcoming jeans, boots and my leaf rake. I am saying good bye to back yard bbq's, swimming and 105 degree days and saying hello to crock pots full of soups and stews, long walks under a perfect autumn sky and open windows during the day and snugly blankets at night.

Truly there is no more perfect time of year in my book and I guess I have to say that as seasons go.....I love fall!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fall is my favorite month too!