Monday, February 12, 2018

A New Day

It's a new day and a new week. I could look at it as it is one day, one week closer to the deadline, but instead I choose to look at it as it is a new day to achieve a goal. The goal? To save Davids home!

I keep blogging even the mundane about this whole thing because it is my therapy right now. It keeps me from losing track of the goal and it also helps me not to get discouraged and fall apart. Every time someone posts something wonderful about David or the fact that they want to help or just that they are praying, it gives me just that much more confidence to know that we can succeed and achieve for David. You all have no idea how therapeutic you are.

Last week was so surreal and I spent most of the time lost in a fog of disbelief and bewilderment over an unthinkable situation. This week, I am focused. I know what has to be done and God willing, I will get some answers about this whole situation. No, Ellen is not likely to swoop in and save the day, nor is a bizillionaire going to come out of the woodwork and fix this. I am fully aware that in this case, I am in charge of mine and David's destiny and if this house is to be saved for David's mental/physical stability and his future, I have to step up to the plate and make it happen. Luckily I am blessed with people that want to help and want to insure that David never has to know a day where his future in this house is in question.

Part of stepping up on my part is asking a lot of others to help. I have asked for donations, physical help in planning a fundraiser and I have asked people to SHARE everything about this situation on social media so that word gets out of the crucial need for a lot of money in a very short time. Now I ask again for something from ALL of you. PLEASE pray for us! Even if you don't normally pray, I am begging that you just say a small prayer for David and our situation as I am sure in God's ears, those prayers are the sweetest. I keep remembering "Ask and you shall receive." Okay, if I am asking and you all are asking, surely God will help us to find a way to make David's future in this house secure.

Last night we had a fundraiser meeting for Save David's Home and tonight there will be another one for those who didn't make last nights. We did make a great deal of headway last night and tonight, I hope to get more good ideas and to finalize everything right down to the date. Trust me, I will be sharing all that info tomorrow.

So I thank you all for taking the time to read my blogs and let me vent and get some therapeutic release. Now I must get busy and Save David's Home.

#savedavidshome
#fightfordavid

1 comment:

Aegiswiz said...

1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Psalm 125:1 Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be shaken but endures forever.

Still praying, Norm